Year 1 homework expectations 2018/2019
- Homework in Year 1 will be set weekly.
- Homework will alternate weekly between Topic based tasks, written tasks or Mathematical tasks.
- There will be suggested challenges to extend your child further should you wish to complete them.
- A homework folder has been issued and the children will put their new homework into the folder each Thursday, to be returned by the following Tuesday.
- If you miss completing a week of homework (everyone has busy weekends sometimes), or you choose to complete another activity with your child instead, this is fine. If homework is becoming a battle with your child they can do something that interests them - the children work hard in school and we do not want anyone stressing over homework.
- If you have any questions about the homework set please speak to your child's teacher.
Maths of the Day Optional Homework Activities
Welcome to the Maths of the Day homework activities. Here you will find dozens of different activities for each year group, all designed to complement your child’s learning in school, in a fun and active way. Simply click on the Maths of the day homework link, select your child’s year group, then the area of maths and a choice of activities will be there. You can download them as PDFs, print them, or view them on your tablet or device.