Year 1 homework expectations 2018/2019
- Homework in Year 1 will be set weekly.
- From 2nd Half Spring Term there will be a weekly sheet of non-words/nonsense 'alien' words for your children to read at home, in preparation for the phonics screening check.
- Homework will alternate weekly between Topic based tasks, written tasks or Mathematical tasks.
- There will be suggested challenges to extend your child further should you wish to complete them.
- A homework folder has been issued and the children will put their new homework into the folder each Thursday, to be returned by the following Tuesday.
- If you miss completing a week of homework (everyone has busy weekends sometimes), or you choose to complete another activity with your child instead, this is fine. If homework is becoming a battle with your child they can do something that interests them - the children work hard in school and we do not want anyone stressing over homework.
- If you have any questions about the homework set please speak to your child's teacher.