Year 1 homework expectations 2018/2019
- Homework in Year 1 will be set weekly.
- From 2nd Half Spring Term there will be a weekly sheet of non-words/nonsense 'alien' words for your children to read at home, in preparation for the phonics screening check.
- There is a list of all the Year 1 Common Exception Words that the children are expected to be able to read and spell by the end of the year. You may want to practice these with your children at home. These lists were given out at the Autumn term parents' evening and we practice them in class as well.
- Homework will alternate weekly between Topic based tasks, written tasks or Mathematical tasks.
- There will be suggested challenges to extend your child further should you wish to complete them.
- A homework folder has been issued and the children will put their new homework into the folder each Thursday, to be returned by the following Tuesday.
- If you miss completing a week of homework (everyone has busy weekends sometimes), or you choose to complete another activity with your child instead, this is fine. If homework is becoming a battle with your child they can do something that interests them - the children work hard in school and we do not want anyone stressing over homework.
- If you have any questions about the homework set please speak to your child's teacher.