- Did you enjoy the story? Why? Why not?
- How do you think the Beast felt when he found all the other beasts in his garden? Why?
- The story tells us there is a beast in every country. Can you find out approximately how many countries there are in the world? If not, can you guess?
- List some countries that you know, or find out the names of them from any books or maps you have at home (or use the internet with a grown-up). For example: Canada, the USA, Russia… Don’t forget the four countries of the United Kingdom! Don’t forget to give each country name a capital letter.
- If you were a beast, which country would you choose to live in and why? Write at least 3 sentences to explain. Don’t forget your capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. For example:
I would live in Iceland because I like the cold. I also like volcanoes and waterfalls. There are lots of these in Iceland.
Bright Lights, Big City Topic (Geography)
This week, the lessons are all about the city of London. Lots of us at Squirrels Heath live in the London Borough of Havering.
- What do you already know about London?
- Jot down your ideas. For example: My mum works in London and has to go on the train every day.